Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Moving on: Find Your Dream

Are you happy with your life? Why or why not?


 You are the most powerful person in your world (other than God, of course). If you are unsatisfied with your life, you have the power to change it.  You have to realize your power. As long as your have life in your body, you can change.
I designed the exercises below to help you evaluate your dreams/goals, identify the "barriers" and create an action plan to overcome the barriers and reach your goal.
Self Evaluation, it is important that you are as honest with yourself as possible. This segment will force us to tell the truth to ourselves and to stop hiding from our true destiny.
What is my dream for my life?                                                        Have I achieved my goal/dream? Why or why not?
 Am I happy with my job and/or career path? Why or why not?                                                            Am I happy with my weight and/or appearance? Why or why not?                                                       Am I involved in positive, motivating and loving relationships?

Identification of "barriers" is very important. We are brave, strong warriors that are sometime fearful at something as simple as a mouse. Remember, you are big, brave and can accomplish anything that you put your mind to. 

if you had a mouse in your house, you would find ways to get rid of it QUICK! These "barriers" are a mouse.  Identify them and conquer them, brave warrior.
What are the barriers  keeping me from my dream?                                                                          Think and name a time that you have overcome an obstacle. How did you do it?                              What are your greatest strengths?                                                                                                      What are your greatest areas for opportunities? ( we don't say weakness, we say opportunity)
Now break down your RESPONSE to the questions in the self evaluation section.

Example
What is my dream/goal for my life?Become a chef
Have I achieved my/dream?No
Why or why not? I have not focused on my dream or me in a while
What are the barriers keeping me from my dream?
-          Culinary school
-          Money for school
-          Knowledge of food preparation
-          Experience



An action plan will allow you to plan your steps for success in your own timeframe. You must include deadlines for every task to hold yourself accountable. An action plan is very similar to a checklist. If you have done checklists or grocery list, you can do an action plan. You can include long term and short term plans.
Sample Action plan
 Monday March 26 Deadline
 - Call culinary schools in my area to find out about admission criteria and financial aid opportunities ( that covers culinary school and money for school)
Wednesday March 28 Deadline
  - Google food recipes and watch Youtube cooking videos ( that covers knowledge of food preparation)
Friday April 16 Deadline
Cook for my family, friends
Fall 2013
- Start my culinary classes

An extensive " how to" on action plans coming soon. 


The movie, The Pursuit of Happyness detailed the life of homeless father Chris Gardner who dared to dream for better and transformed his life. Gardner went from  homeless and living in bus station bathrooms to a millionaire stockbroker, entrepreneur, author, motivational speaker and humanitarian.  Christopher Gardner's Story
 




No comments:

Post a Comment